4 minutes read
Terp Slurper - What Is It - How to Use One
Just when you thought that the vaping vs. smoking debate couldn’t get any hotter, glass culture savants came up with dabbing, a spinoff of vaping that tries to hit an acceptable middle ground.
Something that’s easier than vaping and safer than smoking. You heat the herb or a concentrated form of it, using a blow torch in compact devices that can be tuck into your pocket.
Dabbing has really taken off in the past couple of years, partly due to the popularity of cannabis concentrates like BHO. And if the rapidly increasing number of dabbing rigs in head stores are to go by, then it looks like the trend is here to stay.
One of the newest additions to the ever-expanding list of dabbing paraphernalia is the Terp Slurper Banger. Crazy name for a very simple smoking apparatus. If you have been hearing this term more often in the recent past, then here’s the low down on it.
What is the Terp Slurper Banger?
A Terp Slurper Banger is somewhat like a modified version of the bucket, which is a very popular dabbing nail accessory that is usually used to prevent wastage of precious concentrate.
However, the design of the banger is quite unconventional. So much so, that even seasoned dabbing enthusiasts find themselves at wits end trying to figure out how it works.
The terp slurper banger has three main components:
- The topmost section is similar to a standard banger.
- The middle part is a cylinder that extends all the way to the bottom. It has slits or holes at the bottom.
- The last part is a dish that is connected to the cylinder.
One of the most unique aspects of the terp slurper is that you can place the carb cap before even adding the concentrate to it.
Features of the Terp Slurper
- Durable and reliable quartz build
- 4 air slits for optimal airflow
- Flat top design
- 90-degree joint angle
- Polished joint
- Outstanding heat retention
- 14mm male joint
- Wide dish design
- Produces incredible flavor
How to use it
Once you learn how to use the Terp Slurper, there’s every possibility that it might become your go-to banger for both large as well as micro-dosed dabs.
Quick and Easy Steps to Enjoy your Sesh:
- Heat the bottom dish for about 20-30 seconds.
- Wait for 30-40 seconds before putting the cap on top to completely block the airflow.
- Dab your concentrate into the bottom dish and inhale.
However, some users actually prefer to do the reverse. They put the cap on before heating the bottom dish. Both styles seem to work just fine.
The advantages of the terp slurper
What is it about the Terp Slurper that makes it a crowd favorite?
Here are the advantages of this very efficient banger:
- It allows you to use large dabs or globs. Most quartz designs allow users to use only small sized dabs since the nail cools down before a large-sized dab is fully vaporized, resulting in wastage. Not the terp slurper. For the first time, you can use a large sized glob of shatter or budder or BHO without wasting even one milligram of the concentrate. The result is thick room-filling vapor.
- It is perfect for low temperature dabbing as the concentrate comes into contact with the hottest part of the nail automatically without the need for a directional carb cap. The quartz clubbed with the increased surface area mean that cool down might take as much as 2 minutes. It’s blissful clouds of vape until then. This also reduces the risk of releasing Benzene, a carcinogen which is released when you heat cannabis above 350 degrees. So, there is no charring or burning involved.
How does a terp slurper banger work?
When you drop the glob or the dab on the hot nail, it is slurped upwards into the cylindrical tube due to the airflow due to the airflow created by the slits on the bottom.
Every drop of your concentrate is distributed inside the hot cylinder. This ensures that the dab is constantly and evenly heated until it is fully vaporized. There is zero wastage and you get hits as large as you’d like. That’s the reason why terp slurper bangers are preferred by the more serious and more experienced cannabis users.
With 80% THC in the concentrate, you want to be doubly sure about the dose. With terp slurpers, there’s every possibility that you might overdose. So, if you are using wax or budder, start off with a very small dose using a dabbing tool.
If you are using shatter, stick to a small dose that would fit on a standard sized quartz nail.
Cleaning and maintenance
The rules are pretty much the same when it comes to cleaning and maintaining a terp slurper. Hempertech products work great to help keep your piece clean.
- Do not overheat your concentrate or put hash oil on a glowing hot nail. It will burn and char the oil as well as produce residue that is impossible to get rid of.
- Clean it after every use.
- Use alcohol-soaked Q-tips to clean the inside of the cylindrical parts. You should be able to remove the gunk pretty easily. If you find it difficult, soak it in some ISO alcohol and salt for a while. If it still doesn’t work, then you probably burnt the concentrate more than you should have.
Terp Slurper Banger – a hit or a miss?
This innovative quartz banger is the latest to hit the dab nail market, featuring a first ever design that provides superior quality and flavor from concentrates. Optimal airflow and efficiency make this banger worth giving a try.
How to Use a Wax Pen Vape for Dabbing Concentrates
4 minutes readRead Next ››